Couple time ideas part 3
Let your children know that you two need time alone together. Tell them they can knock on your closed bedroom door only if there is blood.
One way of handling the number of ideas in these four blog posts is to print or write some of them and then cut into strips, fold and place in a cookie jar. Then take turns pulling one out each week or fortnight. That way you remove the issue of intitiative and the one who picks it delivers.
Couple Time Ideas retrieved from marriage.about.com 17/04/06
1. Schedule a weekend just for the two of you. Write it on your calendar, put it on your computer planner, etc. Don’t change it for any other event. You don’t have to go anywhere.
2. Have lunch together once a week. On nice days, meet in a park.
3. Let your children know that you two need time alone together. Tell them they can knock on your closed bedroom door only if there is blood.
4. Walk around the block together.
5. Do chores together like the dishes or weeding. It may not sound like quality time, but it can be.
6. When you are running errands together, turn off the radio or cd player in the car.
7. Take showers together.
8. Spend 20 minutes a day in daily dialogue.
9. Arrange for a quiet evening at home alone once a month.
10. Hire a babysitter to watch the kids for a couple hours even though you are home. This works wonders!
11. Work out a deal with another couple to have them watch your kids overnight so you can have a romantic evening alone …then you watch their children for them.
12. Attend a Marriage Encounter weekend.
13. Volunteer to be a presenting couple on Marriage Encounter, Retrouvaille or Engaged Encounter weekends.
14. When you travel together, don’t take work on the plane or trip. Spend that time talking to each other.